Elbow Counterforce Brace
- Strap Brace
- Counterforce Orthosis
- Counterforce Strap
- Compressive brace applied distally to elbow
- Applies force circumferential, theoretically offloading the painful tendon
- Among 52 subjects with lateral epicondylitis, strap brace resulted in pain relief
- Brace was non-superior to elbow compression sleeve
- Among 42 patients receiving either wrist extension splint or counterforce forearm brace, the splint provided greater pain relief
- Jafarian FS, Demneh ES, Tyson SF. The immediate effect of orthotic management on grip strength of patients with lateral epicondylosis. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 2009;39:484–489.
- Garg R, Adamson GJ, Dawson PA, Shankwiler JA, Pink MM. A prospective randomized study comparing a forearm strap brace versus a wrist splint for the treatment of lateral epicondylitis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2010;19:508–512.