McKenzie Side Glide Test
- Low Back Side Glide Test
- McKenzie Side Glide Test
- Evaluate lumbar spine, lower back
- The patient is standing
- The examiner stands to one side
- Grasp the contralateral pelvis with both hands, then place a shoulder against the patients thorax ipsilaterally
- Using the shoulder as a block, pull the patients pelvis towards the examiner
- Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds, then repeat on the opposite side
- Positive Test
- Increased neurological symptoms on the affected side.
- Lumbar Radiculopathy
- Image courtesy of https://mobilephysiotherapyclinic.in/, "McKenzie Side Glide Test"