Rule of Nine Test
- Rule-of-nine test
- Rule of Nine Test
- Diagnostic test to evaluate Posterior Interosseus Nerve compression as a cause of proximal forearm and elbow pain
- Patient is seated or standing
- The proximal forearm distal to elbow crease is divided into nine pressure points in a 3x3 format
- Tenderness over two proximal lateral circles (red circles) indicates radial nerve irritation
- Tenderness over pressure points of 5 and 6 (yellow circles) indicates proximal median nerve irritation
- Three medial points are control area.
- Loh, Y., Lam, W., Stanley, J., & Soames, R. (2004). A New Clinical Test for Radial Tunnel Syndrome—The Rule-of-Nine Test: A Cadaveric Study. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery, 83–86.