- Anatomic Description
- Superior surface has a medial non-articular portion, and a lateral convex portion that articulates with the Articular disk of the wrist.
- Inferior surface is directed lateralward, and it articulates with the Hamate.
- Dorsal surface is rough for the attachment of ligaments.
- Lateral surface which is the base of the pyramid is for the articulation with the Lunate.
- Medial surface the apex of the pyramid is for the attachment of the Ulnar Collateral Ligament of the wrist.
- Ligament Attachments
- Luno-triquetral ligament
- Ulno-triquetral ligaments
- Ulnar collateral ligament
- Network of nutrient vessels on non-articular surfaces.
- DSc SSP. Gray's Anatomy. Churchill Livingstone. (2011) ISBN:0443066841