Florida International University
- Program: Florida International University Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Location: Miami, FL
- Program Director: Michael Swartzon
- Associate Program Director:
- Core Faculty:
- Accepts: Family Medicine
- Number of Fellows: 1
- West Kendall Baptist Hospital
- Doctors Hospital
- Miami Dolphins
- Miami Heat
- Florida Panthers
- Miami FC Soccer
- Florida International University Athletics
- Barry University
- St. Thomas University
- High School
- Miami-Dade County Public schools
- The Miami Marathon and Half Marathon
- Miami Open Tennis
- Orange Bowl
- Miami Beach Bowl
- Ultrasound: We have GE R7’s at each office that are used extensively in clinic. In addition to didactics, the fellow performs ultrasound diagnostics and guided injections as part of their clinic experience.
- Orthobiologics: We offer an array of investigatory treatment options to our patients when appropriate including: ACP, PRP, BMAC and amnio injections.
- Curriculum: Our fellowship is longitudinal. Rotations are planned on specific days but dynamic to allow for flexibility. This gives the fellow opportunities to create continuity with a patient from sideline injury to office/training room eval to MSK radiology review of imaging to pre-surgical consult, OR experience and PT for rehabilitation. The schedule promotes priorities of the fellow while ACGME requirements.
- Goal: Our mission is to teach general orthopedics and musculoskeletal medicine in addition to sports medicine. Our fellows will be well-rounded family physicians who can provide excellent care to athletes and the general population in their community from minor injuries to significant trauma.
- Program Coordinator:
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowships
- Sports Medicine Match (The Match, National Resident Matching Program)