Mayo Clinic Jacksonville
- Program: Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Location: Jacksonville, FL
- Program Director: Jennifer Maynard, MD
- Associate Program Director: George Pujalte, M.D.
- Core Faculty:
- Accepts: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Number of Fellows: 1
- Mayo Clinic Hospital (Jacksonville)
- University of North Florida (NCAA Division 1)
- High School
- Sandalwood High School
- Terry Parker High School
- Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind.
- Junior Development League (JDL) Football
- 26.2 With Donna marathon and half marathon
- BFAST triathlon series.
- Didactic Training: A Sports Medicine Conference is held weekly during which key topics in sports medicine are reviewed. In addition, many weekly conference opportunities are available in PMR, physical therapy, orthopedics, spine and beyond.
- Ultrasound Curriculum: Weekly Hands-on Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Conferences is held in our state-of-the-art multidisciplinary simulation center. The curriculum includes conferences, hands on practice and procedures workshop with cadavers.
- Sports Coverage: University of North Florida (NCAA Division 1), Sandalwood High School football, Terry Parker High School football, and Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind football. Mayo Clinic sports medicine provides medical coverage for several local events, including the 26.2 With Donna marathon and half marathon and the BFAST triathlon series. To enhance the pediatric experience, Mayo Clinic has formed a relationship with JDL (Junior Development League) Football to cover Saturday morning games for their 10 week Fall Season.
- Research: Opportunities for research are endless with the extensive resources of Mayo Clinic. We have excellent published faculty to mentor the fellow with their research interests. Although a 1 year fellowship, fellows have been able to complete the research cycle watching their ideas develop, approved by IRB, study complete and manuscript written. Fellows are also encouraged to submit case abstracts and/or research for presentations at AMSSM and ACSM.
- Program Coordinator: Angela Inciong
- Forum discussion
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowships
- Sports Medicine Match (The Match, National Resident Matching Program)