- Pollock's Sign
- Nail File Sign
- Evaluate Cubital Tunnel and Ulnar Nerve as a cause of elbow pain
- First described by Pollock in 1919
- Ask the patient to place their hand in a supinated position on a flat surface, with all fingers extended
- Isolate the DIP joint of the 4th, 5th digits by restricting motion to the MP and proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joints.
- Ask the patient to flex while applying a resistive force.
- Observe the patient’s ability to flex the DIP joint of the little finger against resistance.
- Positive test
- Inability to flex the DIP joints of the ring and little fingers.
John Kiel on 30 December 2019 23:01:14
27 April 2023 10:05:00