- Simmonds' Test
- Simmonds-Thompson Test
- Evaluate integrity of Achilles Tendon in the setting of posterior ankle and calf pain
- Patient lays prone, feet hanging off end of table
- Examiner squeezes calf on affected calf muscle which should have some plantarflexion
- Examiner should then squeeze the calf of the affected limb
- Positive test is absence of plantarflexion
- Thompson TC, Doherty JH. Spontaneous rupture of tendon of Achilles: a new clinical diagnostic test. J Trauma. 1962; 2: 126-129.