University Hospitals Sports Medicine Institute
- Program: University Hospitals Sports Medicine Institute Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Program Director: Dr. Susannah Briskin, MD
- Associate Program Director: Dr. Louis Leone, DO
- Core Faculty: Dr. Amanda Weiss-Kelly MD, Dr. Mary Solomon DO, Dr. Sean Cupp MD, Dr. Robert Flannery MD, Dr. Benjamin Boswell DO, Dr. Laura Goldberg MD.
- Accepts: Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine.
- Number of Fellows: 4
- University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
- University Hospitals Richmond Medical Center
- Cleveland Browns (NFL)
- Cleveland Monsters (AHL)
- Kent State University (D1)
- Lake Erie College (D2)
- Case Western Reserve University (D3)
- Oberlin College (D3)
- Numerous High Schools
- Cleveland Rite-Aid Marathon
- Cleveland Triathlon
- NCAA Mid-American Conference Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championship Tournament
- USA Wrestling Open
- Ohio Youth Soccer Association North Bothwell Cup and State Cup Tournaments
- NCAA Mid-American Conference Championships (various sports, not just basketball)
- Ultrasound Curriculum: Weekly hands-on ultrasound scanning sessions w/ PCSM Fellow Attending who serves as an instructor for AMSSM ultrasound conferences. Readings and online videos are coordinated with AMSSM Ultrasound Curriculum to meet requirements. Portable Ultrasound unit available to fellows to check out and practice on own. Tied in with cadaver injection labs.
- Procedures: MSK ultrasound guided joint and soft tissue injections, fracture care including splinting and casting, Osteopathic manipulation, Tenex, PRP, dislocation reduction.
- Program Coordinator:
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowships
- Sports Medicine Match (The Match, National Resident Matching Program)