Vastus Medialis Coordination Test
- Vastus Medialis Coordination Test
- Evaluate cause of knee pain
- The patient is supine
- Examiner places the fist under the subject’s knee
- The patient is asked to extend the knee slowly without pressing down or lifting away from the examiner’s fist
- The patient is instructed to achieve full extension.
- Positive test
- Lack of coordinated full extension is apparent
- When the patient either has difficulty smoothly achieving extension or uses the extensors or flexors of the hip to accomplish extension
- Halabchi, Farzin, et al. "Patellofemoral pain in athletes: clinical perspectives." Open access journal of sports medicine (2017): 189-203.