- Is the terminal branch of the lateral cord of the brachial plexus.
- It receives fibers from the C5,C6,C7 nerve roots.
- It has motor and sensory functions.
- It leaves the axilla and pierces the coracobrachialis muscle, and descends towards the elbow between biceps brachii and brachialis muscles.
- It continues into the forearm as the lateral cutaneous nerve.
- Muscular innervations
- Biceps brachii
- Sensory functions
- It gives rise to the lateral cutaneous nerve of forearm that innervates the skin of the anterolateral aspect of the forearm.
- The brachial artery.
- Standring, Susan, and Henry Gray. 2008. Gray's anatomy: the anatomical basis of clinical practice.