- A part of the distal carpal row and has a characteristic hook on its palmar surface.
- Resting on the fourth and fifth metacarpal bones.
- Anatomic Description
- The superior surface is narrow, convex and articulates with the Lunate.
- The inferior surface is concave and articulates with the fourth and fifth metacarpal bones.
- The dorsal surface is triangular and rough for ligamentous attachment.
- The medial surface articulates with the Cuneiform bone.
- The lateral surface articulates with the Capitate.
- Ligament Attachments
- Transverse carpal ligament
- Piso-hamate ligament
- Triquetro-hamate ligament
- Capito-hamate ligament
- Last's Anatomy. Churchill Livingstone. (2011) ISBN:0702033952